Thursday, June 05, 2008

My friends are back :)

My friends are back! Yes I am absolutely delighted to see Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha back on screen!
 
Many thanks to Jacqi for the movie outing, and well, she was also the one who lent me those discs that got me hooked onto SATC.*wink*
 
It's not the sex, it's not New York, and it's not the fashion that attracts me most. Those matter, but they aren't why -IMHO- the series has has such wide appeal. To me, the attraction of SATC lies in the universal themes of love, relationships, friendships, loss, family, acceptance and resilience. Ok ok you can roll your eyes... but yes there's one more thing. These girls feel so vivacious and full of life. And I like that :) No matter what gets you down, or what crap gets thrown your way, there's always something else that you can look forward to or feel happy about. And while you're at it, why not enjoy life...with a martini on the side? Hahah
 
I'm obviously bad at gushy writing.LOL. Oh one minor detail I bought the soundtrack on impulse..but no regrets!
 
 

2 comments:

jacqis said...

oh it's out? I shld have bought it for Minli..

read my SATC post?

jacqis said...

I also like talking to you,reading your blog because nothing seems to get you down too. Unlike me.

Cheers babe!