Wednesday, January 30, 2008

" I don't sing because I'm happy. I'm happy because I sing!"
 
What a tiring week this has been. Better busy than disengaged, I say. But it does take some mind-tuning to keep positive and on top of things. The phrase above accompanied a cartoon of two birds atop a tree, and it captures the simple idea that our attitudes determine much of our moods. According to the "happiness" book, which was a good read btw, there was an anecdote from a Nazi prison survivor who recounted that when everything else was beyond you, the one and only thing you could control was your attitude. :D
 
So along with the morning cuppa, I have the uplifting songs from the Sound of the Music to start the day with. You'll be amazed how many times Julie Andrews' "I have Confidence" (in sunshine, in rain, in confidence alone) has lifted my spirits. Haha and yes, so much of this mind tuning and brain washing because staying positive takes effort too!
 
 

No comments: