There was a surprising end to yesterday's day at work. My replacement decided that the job scope wasn't to her liking, and that she would rather just do recruiting as in her previous job. Haha, that really stumped me because I would rather do work on projects than on scheduling interviews. But to each her own. So she left after 2 days at work. Weird huh? My supervisors were pretty annoyed because they had made the job scope very clear to her during the interview, and leaving suddenly means that they have to source for a replacement immediately cos their hardworking intern will be leaving the next day.
M came over to talk to me and asked me to stay for just two more days. After some ho-hums and looks of reluctance, I agreed. I was looking forward to the end of the internship, and looking forward to bumming on Monday. But M has been so nice to me, so encouraging, patient and kind. It's so difficult to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to her since I know she's really in for a tough time with the sudden increase in workload. The least I could do was to help her out a bit more, finish the stuff on hand as much as possible before I leave.
But I still felt kinda cheated of my break. ;^P
Oh then C&M came over at 6plus to "ta-da" pretend to give me more work (so yeah I was 'shocked'); but actually they wanted to give me their farewell present for me. *Hee* how sweet. They promised to write a good testimonial (for the one following the template…how meaningless!) and maybe a little bonus at the end. Later on, M showed me the evaluation sheet and yay it was pretty excellent.
I don't know if they'll remember to write the testimonial, or the bonus, or if the evaluation is for real. However, it already heartens me greatly to know that my supervisors treat me so nicely, and respect me for my effort. From the bottom of my heart, thank you M&C!
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment