Thursday, November 25, 2010

Baby R

Night feeds are actually my favourite now, probably because my body
has adjusted to having less sleep. R usually feeds well at night,
squirms less and sleeps shortly after the feed, leaving me ample time
to admire her cute features or to just pinch her cheeks (oops!).

It occurred to me that I should start writing down some of the funny
things she does. Maybe she'll enjoy reading them when she's older?
Well, I'll enjoy reading them. So here goes ....

5 things abt Baby R you may not have known:

1. She can cry really loudly, sharply and terrifyingly. From zero to
max in two seconds. I've heardbabies scream... But she takes the cake.
While pregnant with her, I had three steroid shots to strengthen her
lungs in case of premature delivery (usually, one shot suffices. Yes,
the doc was that worried) which may explain why her cry is strong and
spirited! Haha

2. As a 3 day old, she screamed so loudly and scared away the (rather
annoying and bossy) lactation consultant who did not heed our advice
and irritated her with the "proper techniques for breastfeeding a
newborn". Ha!

3.She's a baby tiger, born under the star sign of Leo. Oh yes, she's
Cantonese too. Any prizes for guessing why she can be so fierce?

4. She can be astonishingly accurate 'leaping' for milk when she's so
hungry, even when it's dark, even when I haven't cradled her in the
proper breastfeeding position. We call it her 'Leap of Faith'.

5. She enjoys looking at the mirror and playing games in front of it.
I think she realised that the baby in the mirror is actually her.

Okie tts it for the first instalment. Time to sleep now:) it's 4am.

No comments: