This will be the first time ever that we sit around for reunion dinner
without calling out "popo jia4(eat)", or actually without grandparents
for that matter.
I wonder how everyone will feel. I wonder how I will feel. She was the
first person we would greet on chu yi -heads bowed, silly grin, and
hands clasped while merrily calling out "gong xi fa cai" in sing-song
hainanese. She was the one we always took turn to take photos with,
and haha she was also the one who would refuse to take pictures
because her hair was 'messy' but who will reappear shortly after with
hair neatly combed and ready witj a genial wide smile and slight
cheeky twinkle in the eye. The years, the illnesses and the subsequent
onset of senile dementia may have taken some of her short term memory
and stamina, but those things above, they stayed the same.
:) nowadays I even miss her neverending repeated questions on
whether we've eaten, whether I'm going to school (in rg) and whether
I've just gotten home. It's so ironic sometimes. There was such a
scene in Money No Enough 2 and when everyone laughed at the old lady's
poor memory, I just cried buckets load.
So there's no need to wonder if i'll miss her. I think I do, every day,
Happy new year popo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment