friday evenings aren't usually spent in libraries. at least, the library isn't an exciting venue for a friday evening. but last friday evening after work, i was getting all excited and delighted at the bishan library. for on the second level, in the lifestyle section, i had discovered food porn heaven. there in those 4-5 shelves were books on food, gastronomy, cookery, more food, more gastronomy and more cookery. mind you, the collection had more than the usual stock of recipe A-Z books. there were actual books, stories, biographies, and *pause* even a book on food history. There among the dewey decimals, i found my christmas present - Ruth Reichl's "Garlic and Sapphires". :) and well also 6 other books which drew a huge gasp and many whines (cos he had to carry them) from my friday evening date.
Suffice to say, my nose has been buried in the Ruth Reichl's book and well, I just love her writing. :) I almost want to become a food writer now. *delighted sigh*
Just as well I'm reading the book now, it just means that there'll be another title for Christmas. Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment