"There can be no happiness if what you believe in is different from what you do"
A timely reminder came in the form of florian's msn message of how we should channel our energy into worthy pursuits, and do what we believe in.
It's sometimes easy to just slip into routine and live a simple but unpurposeful life. While browsing in the National Library reference section today, I got quite excited seeing the titles on "Alternatives to Deforestation", "Public Finance and Public Policy", "Public Fiscal Management", "Women and Work". Ideas on public policy, on how social good can be derived and promoted, on how resources can be better managed for us to live comfortably, on how one person's small contribution to society can reap greater good.
Well, I don't know. It's as if that spark from early last year has waned. It's as if I have forgotten that i was passionate about learning such concepts, ideas and policies to try effect change, at least on a micro-level. I was (and still am) startled by how I have seemed to stop learning, and wanting to learn. How lamentable.
I need me to be a peer helper to myself. *hrrrmph!*
No comments:
Post a Comment