the bleeding hasn't returned. On Monday morning, with no pain or other
warning signs, I experienced some bleeding - which is of cos unusual
for the third trimester especially since I'm not near term yet. My
placenta is still low lying, which means that a dilation of the cervix
(in preparation for labour r otherwise) may cause a tear inthe
placenta. Any bleeding from the placenta that doesn't stop can be
torrential and life threatening to both mother and baby.
So yes, I FREAKed out big time. Thank goodness baby was active and the
bleed stopped. Since kc was out of town, my mum brought me to the
gynae for the cardiotochogram to check on the fetal heart rate and
uterine contractions. Thank gdness baby was in gd shape and the
uterine contractions were normal, aka not gg into spontaneous labour.
We are only at 32 weeks, which is still early days for our little one
(although not as risky as before). Dr Yam gave me a steroid shot to
strengthen baby's lungs in case of a premature hello, and also
medicines to prolong her stay in the womb. As for me, it's bedrest
right away to prevent any exacerbation that can bring on the bleeding.
We are also working hard to make me a carnivore to boost my iron count
in order to mitigate risk of excessive blood loss and the need for a
blood transfusion.
Phew. I feel better after typing that out. It's been scary and the
what ifs really unsettle me. Thank gdness for the wonderful support
from kc, family, great friends and my colleagues. I've to say tht my
bosses are very kind and it's my gd fortune to have such a supportive
team.
And to my baby - we love you:) stay in the womb until 40weeks ok? It's
much better for you in there and out here at this stage of your life.
And to the placenta - thank you for not bleeding any more. I'm really
grateful.
Keep positive!!
No comments:
Post a Comment