Tuesday, August 12, 2008

thanks for the well-wishes :)

As two people who hardly use facebook, we really hadn't thought that the status change would be akin to broadcasting. at least i didn't; maybe it was kc's evil plan when he sent that request. So naturally we didn't expect the flood of well-wishes from friends, but it struck home finally when a colleague from another dept marched in to my cubicle to send his congratulations and jokingly demanded to know why I hadn't announced it personally. there you go - the power of facebook.
 
Thank you everyone! We feel so loved. haha :)
 
A friend said, " you're so fortunate to have found the love of your life", to which I could only grin and think, " I guess we all have that romantic inside us. hopefully we'll all find the love of our life". It's been quite magical, inspite of (or perversely, maybe because of ?) all the late nights after work, the hours spent commuting, the compromises and occasional fights. I think if you can go through terribly rough patches together, fight, cry and still at the end of it all, still are able to laugh together, share an icecream cone and above all, want to be together, that does mean something*.
 
 
[*either you need a head examination, or you're in love... hee hee kidding!]
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

limz said...

well now isnt it cheaper and better to announce this on facebook then having to take out an ad in the newspapers as they had to traditionally do?

Anonymous said...

I think it means you are committed to each other!

Happy for you dearie