It's been quite surreal. One week ago, I was feeding grandma kfc whipped potato, the only food she would take after so long. One week later on a Wednesday, I had placed a white rose on her when we bade goodbye, sang amazing grace with my eyes brimming with tears, and placed a piece of her ashes in the urn. The past week has been trying, but even the sleepless nights and anxious hours we went through cannot compare to the fatigue and pain she felt. I just hope that our being there was a source of comfort for her throughout the ordeal. We'll need some time to grieve, for she was so integral in our lives, so close, so dear. Putting the slideshow together actually helped me cope better. The numerous family photographs, the M-day celebrations, the bday parties, the graduation shots, the candid walk in the park shots, the one of her posing with the pretty gerberas. The photos recalled those sweet memories and I think we all had a great time. She loved us dearly, as we loved her too. She's in a better place now, and I believe that we should celebrate her life, not just mourn for her passing on.
Even then though, I miss her so so much.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My heartfelt thanks to those who have given much support, encouragement and love during this time. Thanks for those messages, thanks for coming down to the wake, thanks for the flowers, and thanks for being there.
You were there, right beside me throughout. Thank you for loving her as your own. To say that you're big-hearted is an understatement. *hug*
No comments:
Post a Comment