Ack. I found myself getting defensive when I shouldn't...Felt quite snappy and annoyed that after revisions differ from what was discussed and there seemed to be never-ending changes to the position and pitch. I have this almost-sinking feeling that when it gets cleared higher up, the paper will be thrown back and i'll be asked to change the pitch..back to the original! Stems from a different understanding of the issue, and how we need to pitch it - do we defend or do we create anxiety? There's no need to be so cautious, in my opinion. If it's going to go so so way up high then this paper will have to be revised to the resemble my original paper.
Sigh
Alarm bells alarm bells, is it a staunchness in view, or defensiveness over what I've agonised over for weeks? Effort is no justification for being defensive! I better get this stupid ownership complex out of the picture and get the work down. And take this as a lesson in writing.
Gonna improve, gonna improve. Keep the mind open!
No comments:
Post a Comment