Tuesday, April 17, 2007

With those snips, I parted ways with the girl in the ponytail and embraced my new chinadoll geek girl look. Heeheeh I really do believe in the therapy of chopping of the locks in times of identity crises, personal changes, emotional renewal and all. Graduating is quite a big deal, and so before starting work and possibly becoming staid, I wanted to get a new do to mark a new stage in life. Given that hair is such a big part of how our looks, changing hair style is a simple though not emotionally neutral way of feeling like a new person. Well naturally this new look may look better or worse than the previous, but as long as you feel great, why not?
 
After days of mulling, I decided that life is too short to be living in insecurity and fear all the time. We can struggle with these darker emotions and try to cope with life, but it's quite hard to constantly live in the shadows. Guess it sounds quite serious, but yes darker emotions can range from fear of death, to fear of being an embarrassment, or fear of losing love, or grades -hee-. For me, it's this fear of looking stupid, or not being ugly. erm yes.. :P
 
There comes a point where you have to stop fearing, and start living.
 
 
Can't remember where I picked this up from (or is it from me? haha) but I think it is empowering.  To cut things short -pun intended -, having a short crop now makes me feel quite alive even though I still do double-takes at the mirror. my dearest moon and dearie got an unpleasant shock, and the former is still telling me that the his sis has just gone from pretty to ugly. but heck, i like it, it's sassy *wide grin*, plus elder bro and the ladies in the family think it's fresh and cool *woohoo* Just a pity the highlights can only be done after trip.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

limz said...

hahha u should post pictures of your new haircut on ur blog!