Thursday, December 14, 2006

it sounds embarrassing to even admit it, but hey there's finally an academic book that i really enjoyed reading!
 
the author's writing style is so candid, natural and so so readable haha. here's the epilogue which sums up his style:
 
"Some may have been turned off by the non-academic, chat-like writing style that I apply in places. I regret it if some feel that form deducted from the contents, but i feel confident that there are other readers who appreciate that we do not always have to keep a dead serious tone even if we are dead serious about the message. My intention was to make the contents more digestible. There may be a need for that - people have remarked more than once that my texts tend to be jam-packed with information. So even if I used a catchy phrase here and there I trust you did not find a lot of empty BS."
 
and this line " ... I'm neither smart nor energetic enough to take on the latter task (of review the extensive work of other scholars)"
 
kudos to Per Davidsson!
 
the higher we climb and the more we seek to know, the more we should realise that we do not know?

No comments: